The Office of Alumni & Constituent Relations is excited to introduce Melissa McCrickard, the new Director of Alumni Career Programs; a newly created position. This new position will create and promote new programs focused around careers and networking opportunities. The need of our alumni is ever evolving and so it is important to learn what their needs and wants are so we can create effective programing. The goal is to continue to provide support and career development opportunities for our alumni.
Here’s a snapshot of some programs being launched in 2016:
- Alumni Profile – Show fellow alumni and current UCR students some of your accomplishments.
- Employer email blast – Your employer is hiring and you’d like to reach Highlander Alumni.
- CEO Panel & Networking – Mix and mingle with higher level executives and learn how you can be a successful entrepreneur.
- Women’s Professional Conference – Understand challenges that women face in the workplace and how to overcome them to thrive in your career.
- Targeted Career Fair – During the summer, a career fair for alumni and students
Melissa comes to the Alumni Office from the UCR Career Center where she spent 3 years as a Career Counselor and Student Employment Coordinator.