Take advantage of the UCR Alumni Travel program and travel the world! This week we’re talking about a tour from Athens to Istanbul on the MV Aegean Odyssey, April 25, 2014 – May 12, 2014.
Visit Athens, the ancient ruins of Troy, the Acropolis, Istanbul, & more! Check below for more details and reserve your spot today!
- Special Airfare to Athens, Greece, with return from Istanbul, Turkey, from select U.S. cities.
- Includes all transfers and baggage handling between airports, hotels and embarkation/disembarkation piers for Air/Sea passengers.
- All passengers who book their flights through AHI automatically receive flight insurance worth up to $250,000, subject to policy terms.
- Two nights at the deluxe NJV Athens Plaza Hotel .
- 12 nights aboard the MV Aegean Odyssey from Athens to Istanbul.
- An elegant but casual and relaxing atmosphere.
- Well-appointed and comfortable staterooms.
- Attentive and gracious service.
- A library with a well-stocked selection of books, newspapers, magazines and more.
- Open seating in your choice of two indoor restaurants.
- Room service for beverages and light snacks.
- Afternoon tea with pastries, sandwiches and cakes; light snacks in the evening.
- Historians and other experts who will enhance your experience with a series of lectures.
- Musical entertainment each evening.
- Two nights at the deluxe Marti Istanbul Hotel Istanbul.
- Enjoy an extensive meal program, including 16 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 12 dinners, including complimentary wine, beer or soft drinks at dinner onboard.
- AHI Welcome and Farewell Receptions and a Captain’s Reception.
- Expert guides, using a state-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system, will offer informative commentary on all excursions.
- Guided excursions in each city or port:
- Uncover the history of Athens and visit the Acropolis.
- Visit the whitewashed villages of Santorini and see ancient Minoan ruins.
- Walk in the footsteps of Hippocrates on the island of Kos.
- Delve into the rich history of Rhodes.
- Stroll through the beautiful Old Town in Antalya.
- See the ancient monuments of Fethiye.
- Explore Bodrum, a city built on the Turkish coast by medieval Crusaders.
- Discover the grand legacy of ancient civilizations in Ephesus and see the Library of Celsus, the Grand Theater and the Temple of Hadrian.
- Stroll through the ruins of Pergamon, an ancient spa and healing center.
- Visit the ruins of the ancient city of Troy.
- See the highlights of Istanbul, including Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque.
- Visit the Suleymaniye Mosque and the Church of St. Savior in Chora.
- Gratuities for cabin and onboard restaurant staff. AHI extends the additional benefit of providing gratuities to guides and drivers on included excursions.
- Services of an experienced AHI Travel Director throughout the trip.
- Services of a Passenger Service Representative prior to departure.
For your convenience, AHI offers a flexible Air Program featuring special air fares available at an additional cost in conjunction with the Land Program.
AHI has designated specific Group Air Schedules for this departure utilizing scheduled, round-trip jet service from North America Athens, Greece with return from Istanbul, Turkey. Those participating on these flights will enjoy:
- Transfers between the arrival/departure airports, including baggage handling.
- Prices are dependent upon dates, air routes and class of service chosen and will be reflected on your Reservation Confirmation, which will be sent to you upon receipt of your reservation. Air schedules will be sent with your Final Invoice approximately 90 days before departure.
- Prices quoted to you will include all domestic and foreign governmental airport departure taxes and fees and any applicable fuel surcharges.
- AHI ticketed passengers will also receive Automatic $250,000 Flight Insurance, subject to policy